Advancing Optimal Oral Health in Arizona
The Advancing Optimal Oral Health in Arizona project, funded by the DentaQuest Foundation, is part of the national initiative - Strengthening the Oral Health Safety Net. This initiative is providing support to Primary Care Association and community health center dental programs, with the following focus areas in mind:
- Researching local and national dental resources/ conferences/trainings,
- Developing local trainings based on dental clinics feedback,
- Providing technical assistance to each health center,
- Updating our dental clinics on current dental research and news,
- Assisting with integration of dental and medical services,
- Making the public aware of the importance of receiving regular dental care to their overall health
We are working with health center dental programs to improve and strengthen management, finances, leadership, and community outreach activities. We are striving to provide support to our dental clinics so they can provide the best care to their patients. In addition, we hope to develop and maintain relationships with our partner organizations that are already making strides in oral health in order to work together to improve the status of oral health in Arizona. Below is an outline of our year 2 oral health grant project priority areas (left column) and goals (right column).
Looking for a dentist in Arizona? Click here for a list of Arizona Community Health Centers and other safety net clinics that offer dental services.